The York R700 rowing machine offers a combination of air and magnetic resistance for a smooth pull and a challenging workout. With comfortable padded seating and a compact design, the R700 is a great choice for anyone who is short on space, but looking for a quality rower. In this detailed review, we’ll take a look at how the R700 performs and if it provides a great workout.
Features at a Glance
- 8 resistance levels
- Uses a combination of magnetic and air resistance
- Pivoting, heavy-duty footplates
- Compact design with retractable seat
- Adjustable handles
- Digital center console that displays total strokes, time/500m, strokes per minute and calories
- Supports users up to 100kg
York R700 Rowing Machine Review
The York R700 uses a combination of air and magnetic resistance, which allows for smooth rowing and challenging resistance. The machine comes with eight resistance levels, so you can increase the intensity of your workouts. Resistance can easily be adjusted using the knob below the digital console.
The center digital console lets you track your stats during each workout, including the number of total strokes, strokes per minute, distance, time/500m and calories. This particular rower can accommodate users up to 110kg.
The seat track is made of aluminum, which helps make rowing feel even smoother. The handle height is adjustable, too, so tall users can easily enjoy a comfortable workout. Speaking of comfort, the footplates are pivoting and feature adjustable Velcro straps. The York R700 rowing machine is durable and well-made, so you’re sure to get years of use out of it.
One thing that surprised us was how quiet the R700 was. Machines that use full air resistance tend to be noisy, so we assumed a magnetic/air rower would be a little noisy, too. Therefore we were pleasantly surprised that we could easily hear ourselves think while we were rowing.
One feature that really caught our eye was the retractable seat. If you’re short on space or just prefer not to keep the rower out at all times, you can retract the seat and stand the machine up on its side. In an upright position, this rower takes up very little space. That being said, there aren’t any wheels on this model, so it’s not particularly easy to move around.
- Multiple (8) resistance levels for challenging workouts.
- Improves cardiovascular fitness while strengthening and toning the legs and core.
- Solid construction.
- Digital console allows you to keep track of your workouts.
- Comfortable footrests and adjustable handle for a personalized workout.
- Retractable seat allows the rower to fold up for easy storage.
- Combination of air and magnetic resistance allows for smooth rowing.
- Quiet while in use.
- No built-in workout programmes
The only gripe we had with the R700 – and it’s a minor one – was its lack of built-in workout programmes. York doesn’t claim to offer built-in workouts with this rower, but we would have liked to see this feature, particularly on a machine with this price tag.
All in all, the R700 is an excellent rowing machine, made by one of the most well-known brands in the fitness industry: York. Moderately priced, comfortable, and challenging, this is a rower that can benefit users of all fitness levels.
Hopefully you have found our York R700 rowing machine review useful, you may also be interested in our other rowing machine reviews.